The tour kicks off today in Grapevine, Texas. The company will conduct Military Mortgage Specialist training for mortgage professionals
and Certified Military Residential Specialist training for real estate agents. Attendees will learn about Veterans Administration mortgage programs and receive training that will give them the skills to help active-duty service members and veterans obtain home financing.
“There remains a tremendous need in our industry for real solutions to the housing challenges our military men and women face," said Louise Thaxton, director of Fairway’s Military Mortgage Division. “Time and time again, we’re learning that education is key. Our veterans face unique hurdles to homeownership, and we know the training we provide helps housing professionals become better equipped to help our military heroes.”
At the Grapevine event, Fairway will also present the keys to a mortgage-free home to Army Sgt. James E. Saylor, a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan and a Purple Heart recipient.
“Sergeant Saylor is a true American hero,” Thaxton said. “Fairway is thankful to him and all military veterans who have served our country.”
The Fairway Military Mortgage Boot Camp will make stops in the following locations:
- April 22, Dallas, TX—12:30 pm CDT - MMS, CMRS training and home giveaway, Gaylord Texan, 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051
- April 23, San Antonio, TX – CMRS training and home giveaway, Doubletree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown, 502 W Cesar E Chavez Blvd., San Antonio, TX 78207
- May 20, Allentown, PA – CMRS training and home giveaway, Holiday Inn, 7736 Adrenne Drive, Breinigsville, PA 18031
- May 21, West Windsor, NJ – CMRS training, Mayo Concert Hall, 2000 Pennington Rd., Ewing, NJ 08628
- May 22, Lancaster, PA – CMRS training and home giveaway, Bent Creek Country Club, 620 Bent Creek Drive, Lititz, PA 17543
- June 10, Denver, CO – MMS, CMRS training and home giveaway, Columbine Country Club, 17 Fairway Lane, Columbine Valley, CO 80123
- June 23, Seattle, WA – MMS training, Location TBD
- June 24, Kennewick, WA – CMRS training and home giveaway, Location TBD
- June 25, Spokane, WA & Coeur d’Alene, ID – CMRS training, Location TBD
- June 26, Boise, ID – MMS and CMRS training, Location TBD
- October 7, Atlanta, GA – CMRS training and home giveaway, Location TBD
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is launching a “Military Mortgage Boot Camp” tour to train housing professionals to better serve the financing needs of veterans.