Web developer, Lenda (was GoRefi)
At 22 years old, Elijah Murray may well represent the future of the mortgage industry. A web development whiz, Murray built the software that runs Lenda, previously called GoRefi, a new company founded by industry vets James van den Brand and Chris Piro that’s making waves in the mortgage world.
“Elijah has built software that lets homeowners refinance online without ever speaking with a loan officer,” van den Brand says. “His software has been responsible for 22 transactions in the last five months, for a volume of $7.4m. These are not huge numbers by any stretch, but he’s working on additional features that will open things up to the growing purchase market, too. Not to mention if you fast-forward a year or two as our industry continues to adapt to new tech and consumers come to expect it, Elijah very well may be the modern version of a loan officer.”
Murray’s software allows consumers to complete the entire refinance process online; everything from rate quotes to disclosures can be completed over the computer or even from a smartphone.
“As mortgage embraces technology more and more, Elijah’s kind of at the forefront of adapting technologies to the mortgage process,” van den Brand says. “It’s a newer kind of model. … It’s a different approach and it was no easy feat.”
Co-Founder & CTO, Lenda (2013 - was GoRefi)
- UI / UX Strategist, Blue Fantail (2012-2014)
- Founder, Venturenary (2011-2013)
- Institutional Brokerage Operations Co-op, Susquehanna International Group (2011-2012)
|Years of Experience:
- Pennoni Honors College, 2010-2015
- A.J. Drexel Scholarship, 2010-2015
Alpha Kappa Psi
- Business Administration; Entrepreneurship & MIS, Drexel University (2010-2012)
- Franklin & Marshall College (2009-2010)
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania (2009 – 2010)
||San Francisco, CA
To read the full feature, please download Paydayloans247's Young Guns 2014
feature on PDF.